Every week there are millions of pieces of new information shared on line and in print, here are 5 things you might have missed last week.
You might have noticed (and then again maybe you didn’t) that last week I posted #10 in this series. But missed number 9! Ha that’s what three weeks holidays will do to you! Anywhoo here’s what you missed. See you for #11.
- Netflix is the new Apple TV, Foxtel, insert your favourite pay tv user here. Netflix came online in Australia in March this year and already estimates have their user numbers at over 200,000. Netflix is not new to many of you. With many tech savvy users figuring out how to block their computers location and tap into the even cheaper and with more variety UK/USA Netflix. Other pay tv options like Stan followed hot on Netflix heels. The downside to these pay options (and only for my hubby and other sport loving males) is that they don’t have live local sport just yet. Here’s hoping Foxtel get’s cheaper and the pay options offerings expand
- Do you own land, your back yard or another outdoor space? You do? Head to home-camp and you can be linked up with campers looking for a safe, legal places to park their tent, motorhome, caravan or other holiday accommodation. You get to meet travellers from all over the world and earn some money, they get a friendly place to camp and more dollars in their pocket.
- Grey is the new black. E L James has followed up her very popular 50 Shades of Grey series with this sequel and it’s charting on Booktopia’s chart. Will you be curious enough to buy it? I might just buy it on e-book when it gets cheaper I think!
- Where were you when you first read, James Packer is dating Mariah Carey? Yes it’s that big! What the? How did these two even meet? Seen first on Facebook and then all over the Sunday papers. Apparently the media mogul connected with the USA pop diva through a friend and then actively pursued Miss Mariah. A match made in Facebook heaven. All the best you two.
- For one Saturday only parkrun became #parkron. All in honour of Olympic Legend Ron Clarke, whose was celebrated at a memorial service on 14 July. Ron Clarke was a husband, father, politician, an amazing athlete, tourism ambassador and parkrun Australia’s Patron. Ron Clarke favourite quote to parkrun was “To me, happiness is running in the hills with my mates around me.” May the hills be lush and green where you travel Ron x