Every week there are millions of pieces of new information shared on-line and in print, here are 5 things you might have missed last week.
- Well on your way to getting married? You should check out Wedding Buzz. Brothers by marriage Phil Usher and Chris Prescott tech tool lets soon-to-be weds compare supplier costs and offerings. So far most of the 100 suppliers are from Sydney and Melbourne and but not for long I’m sure.
- The new iPhone 6s is here. 3D Touch, 12-megapixel camera, 4K video, live photos, less bendable case, more colour, phew. And that’s just the beginning.
- Paypal has its own tap and go terminal. For around $99-150 from Officeworks you can buy a nifty little paypal terminal that processes visa, mastercard and paypal payments. The fees are low ranging from 1.95% per transaction up to 2.90% for keyed in payments. Very cool.
4. Mudgee Wine and Food Festival is in full swing. From 11 September to 5 October, Mudgee the nest between the hills comes alive with warm spring sunsets, cool chardonnays, perfect pinot noirs and chilled champagne. Mudgee makes you fall in love with its warmth, charm, fresh produce, polished food, creative culture, wicked wines and long, lazy days. GO NOW! don’t think about it. Book quickly, events sell out fast. This is the event that makes people move to Mudgee.
- Fresh is best. We hear it all the time. Now Urbotanica is developing the Urbipod for to get fresh fast. With four growth pods, LED growth lights, biodegradable coco peat bases, capillary wick watering system, the tiny little unit spruiks that it can deliver three times the bounty of herbs grown in the ground. I’m not sure it would survive my black thumb though! The product is due to launch on Kickstarter next month and go into production in 2016.