What I write about
- Mind body health – mental health, importance of moving
- Parenting and kids – development, how they drive us crazy!
- Tourism and travel – accommodation reviews, location and experience stories especially for #visitcapricorn #visitqueensland #capcoastliving
- Books and technology
- Mining town life
Industries and people I’ve worked with
- Marketing, communication, advertising and branding – Riverfestival Brisbane, Tourism Whitsundays, Fitzroy Basin Association, Nous, JF & M, Adcorp, Mojo
- Mining – community relations, communications and events – Glencore Tieri, Anglo America Middlemount, Thiess Middlemount.
- Love and not for profit projects – Parkrun Bulli NSW, Rose Hawkins Yoga, Playgroup NSW, Capricorn Village Festival, Capricorn Coast Writers Festival 2019
I’ve worked in public relations, corporate identity, branding, marketing, advertising, events, community relations and mining. Not to mention I’ve been a receptionist at a medical centre, a motel receptionist, a hire car booker, data entry for a casino, logged fire ant locations for the government, answered phones, worked as a check out chick for Franklins (remember them?). I’ve written, planned, coordinated and worked in a lot of industries but mainly I stick to communications and marketing.
What I can write or do for you
- Feature articles
- Business writing; like media releases, submissions
- Public relations; including working with media to pitch, distribute and follow up on getting coverage in publications and on radio and tv.
- Booking media schedules
- Advice on social media
Writing for Publications
As a freelance writer and journalist, I write for various publications.
You can see more clips of my published work here.