28 Apr 5 things you might have missed last week
Every week there are millions of pieces of information, shared on line and in print, here are five things you might have missed last week.
1. One woman every 10 hours dies from Ovarian Cancer. This Friday 1 May, #wearawhiteshirt to show your support for the Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation (OCRF) #whiteshirtcampaign, join them on the steps of the Sydney Opera House at 4.15pm or donate OCRF White Shirt Day.
2. David Beckham (drool, drool) is turning 40 this Saturday 2 May and Tom Cruise is coming to Marrakesh for the Party. If only we could all look like David Beckham at 40.
3. Business Letters get later unless they pay the postman From the beginning of June, Australia Post will start Priority mail at a priority price for next day delivery of business mail. They continue with regular mail, arriving in 2-3 business days, for the existing standard price. Probably fair enough considering in 2o12/13 letter delivery was down one billion letters since 2008 and they lost $218 million in the 2012/13 financial year. Will snail mail survive the online revolution?
4. Bruce Jenner of Keeping up with the Kardashian reality show fame shares that in his heart (and fast following physically) he is now a woman.
5. In sad news, Angus Hawley, husband of Prue Hawley and ex-husband of Antonia Kidman (sister of Nicole Kidman) has passed away from a reported heart attack. He leaves behind his four teenage children with Kidman. This on top of the tragic passing of the Kidman sisters’ father last year.