05 May 5 things you might have missed last week…
Posted at 22:08h in Uncategorized
Did you know…….
Every week there are millions of pieces of new information shared on line and in print, here are 5 things you might have missed last week.
- Park your kids in economy, live it up at the point end of the plane. SMH’s Lee Tulloch found out the hard way that parents can park their kids in cattle class and be cosy in OS business class as long as the darlings are booked in as unaccompanied children. Luckily though Lee’s cloud had a silver lining.
- A princess is born. Princess Charlotte, a bundle of 8 lbs 3 pds, baby joy was born to the Duchess of Cambridge and Prince William. The Princess shares her birthday with Soccer hunk David Beckham. According to Paddy Power, Charlotte 3/1 was the odds on favourite followed closely by Alice 11/4 and Victoria 6/1 as favourites names for the first Princess of Cambridge in 180 years. The Duchess headed home 12 hours after the birth. Who does that?
- Beer Bud bringing brews down under. Online boutique beer scouts Beer Bud, as seen in SMH, have a dream to source thousands of OS beers to add to the 200 locally brewed beers they currently sell. Dreams need cash and the crafty fellows have a Pozible crowd funded site here to raise their $25K.
- Fasten your pants. Wednesday 29 April was Zipper Day. On this day in 1913 Gideon Sunback put his name on a patent for the ‘hook-less fastener’ and aren’t we glad he did!
- The treasurer’s been in his parlour counting out our money. The new federal budget is in. $1B plus surplus in 12 months, a drop in the cash rate and $1B slashed from the foreign aid budget. Translated we should get a cut in the variable interest rate on our home loans and the surplus is half what Mr Abbott said it would be and some of the poorest nations will suffer. Go figure.