23 Jun 5 things you might have missed last week #8
Posted at 15:07h in 5 things you might have missed
Every week there are millions of pieces of new information shared on line and in print, here are 5 things you might have missed last week.
- Do you own land, your back yard or another outdoor space? You do? Head to home-camp and you can be linked up with campers looking for a safe, legal places to park their tent, motorhome, caravan or other holiday accommodation. You get to meet travellers from all over the world and earn some money, they get a friendly place to camp and more dollars in their pocket.
- World Yoga Day was blissful at Bondi Beach on Sunday. Braving the rain, the yogi’s were present for meditation, sun salutes and a celebration of all things yoga.
- Grey is the new black. E L James has followed up her very popular 50 Shades of Grey series with this sequel and it’s at no.1 on Booktopia’s chart. Will you be curious enough to buy it? I might just buy it on e-book when it gets cheaper I think!
- Where were you when you first read, James Packet is dating Mariah Carey? Yes it’s that big! What the? How did these two even meet? Seen first on Facebook and then all over the Sunday papers. Apparently the media mogul connected with the USA pop diva through a friend and then actively pursued Miss Mariah. A match made in Facebook heaven. All the best you two.
- On Saturday parkrun became #parkron. All in honour of Olympic Legend Ron Clarke, whose life will be celebrated at a memorial service on 14 July. Ron Clarke was a husband, father, politician, an amazing athlete, tourism ambassador and parkrun Australia’s Patron. Ron Clarke favourite quote to parkrun was “To me, happiness is running in the hills with my mates around me.” May the hills be lush and green where you travel Ron x